What the project is about?
The project seeks to counter the threats to biodiversity and overcome the barriers to effective management of protected areas and to combat illegal wildlife trade. It supports Ethiopia’s capacity for biodiversity conservation through increased effectiveness of protected area management and implementation of measure to reduce illegal wild life trade and poaching.
The project will contribute to long-term global environmental impacts including the recovery of wildlife populations, conservation of habitat and agro-biodiversity.
Project results at the end of the implementation period
- Improved protected area management in the targeted protected areas
- Site level law enforecement initiatives supported
- Management system for wildlife products and live animals that are confiscated, seized and collected
- Legislation guidance for law enforcement agencies is developed
- Microeconomic schemes for local communities developed and implemented